Wadebridge PL27 7AD
Screen 1: 217 + 2 Wheelchair Spaces
Screen 2: 95 + 1 Wheelchair Spaces
(Pictures online are for example purposes)
The Regal situated at the end of The Platt in Wadebridge Cornwall was built by the Pope family of Padstow and opened its doors for the first time in January 1931.
Several local owners operated the cinema under its initial name of the “Cinedrome”. Unfortunately it hit hard times in the 1960’s and was on the verge of closure when the Wadebridge based construction business “WTW” (abbreviation for W.T.WILLIAMS) acquired the cinema on 30th January 1967. “WTW Cinemas” also operated the Capitol Theatre St Austell and the Capitol Cinema Padstow at this time.
The cinema was substantially renovated by “WTW” in the late 1960’s and 1970’s, before in October 1985 work commenced to create a twin cinema which opened in May 1986, theatre one seating 220 and theatre two 90. For the past 50 years the Regal has commited to offer cinema goers the best facilities around. In September 2012 the traditional 35mm film projectors were replaced with digital projectors, in April 2015 Screen One was upgraded again with a SONY R510 4K projector, becoming the first screen in Cornwall with SONY 4K technology. In October 2016 Screen Two was upgraded with a SONY R510 projector, along with a SONY 3D system. Both screens have Dolby Digital 7.1 sound.
Pay & Display car parks are located near by at The Jubilee Road Car Park, and Goldsworthy Way Parking.
Bus stops are located along The Platt next to the Wadebridge Town Council & Post Office Buildings.
The 3 word address is ///item.covenants.game This points to the exact entrance and is more accurate than the street address. Before you travel, download the free what3words app. Type in the 3 word address, including the dots, to see our precise location. To navigate there, tap the ‘Directions’ icon and select a navigation app.
Copyright Book The Cinema © 2023